Thursday, December 23, 2010

New Blog...New Start!

A week ago I was told that a short piece I wrote was going to be published in my High School alumni magazine. I was surprised, because even though I thought it was good, I'm never that confident about my work.
In that article I shared my memories of being a member of the Class of 1966 of Christ the King High School. We were the first graduating class, and it seems that my words struck a chord as I reminisced.
I'm finally beginning to realize that my primary writing focus should probably be nonfiction. The few times I've been published over the past 9 years it's always been in nonfiction.
The passion for whatever topic I'm addressing obviously comes through in what I write, so why fight it?

1 comment:

  1. Your passion does come through in your writings.....
    I talked to my friend who graduated from C/K and said she'll send your article when it is sent to her. It's good to know the right people!

    ReplyDelete